Y-generated entertainment for the Y-generation

7/29/09 - Running With A Scissors

Photo courtesy of visulogik


Did anyone ever tell you not to run with scissors? Yeah, I guess that's a common one. Well, what about playing with scissors? No? Oh, I guess that one's just me.


What do you know.


But did anyone ever ask you for a scissors? Nobody ever asked you that? Are you sure?


Me neither.


But iCARLY creator Dan Schneider has a bit of a different story to tell. Some iCARLY fans came out of the most recent episode, “iTwins” a little baffled at Freddie walking in asking for a scissors. Humorously enough, Schneider himself (also writer of said episode) came out a little baffled himself.

"For me, it's completely natural to say, Hey, do you have a scissors I could borrow?’ That doesn't sound weird to me at all. But it seems to sound weird to a lot of people. Basically, almost everyone who's not me."

- Dan Schneider's LiveJournal

Personally I think the funniest part about it is that neither Nathan Kress, Miranda Cosgrove, or Jerry Trainor had anything to say about it. Well, that, and, I'll be saying a scissors from this point forward. I'm sure a year from now I'll be trying to convince people that it actually doesn't sound weird.

Hey, Dan - can I borrow a scissors?

No comments:

Post a Comment